Bunionectomy done, swelling, scar exist. Area turned black using silver nitrate. Healing time?

Hi, I had double bunionectomy 9 weeks ago and so far so good . I still have quite a bit of swelling and my regular flat shoes and boots still feel very tight. My concern is one of the scars which didn t heal as good as the other one. My surgeon prescribed silver nitrate . I have applied it twice and can t tell whatbis going on since the area where I put it is all black now. How long does this usually take to heal ? And how will I know? Thanks,
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013