Bunion surgery done. Inflammation in foot and painful toe. Xray showed joint deteriration. Will surgery affect the joint flexibility?

I had bunion surgery in 2007. I recently had inflamation in teh foot and the big toe was painful. The swelling has gone down but the toe is painful in the region of the pin inserted in the operation. An xray shows deteriration in the joint and I may have to have surgery to remove the pin and fuse the joints. How will this affect flexibility of the joint. I enjoy walking and do about 150 miles a week on the bike. How long before recovery? Martin
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012