Bumps on upper lip, tongue tastes metallic, lips dry and chapped. what could this be?

About a week ago i had a spot on my upper lip that when I went across it with my tongue taste metallic. I then started noticing little bumps the same color as my lip, not noticeable to others. It started on the left side and went to the right. Now my whole top lip is affected. My lip feels really dry and chapped. Before this all started my lips were real dry as I had not had enough water that weekend before. I have been using which hazel and Vaseline. This seems to help with the burning and dry feeling but is not clearing it up. Any idea s?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012