Bumps on sides of the nose. Not sore, painful. What could these be?

Hi, my boyfriend has two bulging / protruding bumps or ridges on the side of each nose . I thought it was the inferior turbinate but perhaps it is cartilage beside it? It is not sore or painful but just it is very visible on the anterior of the nose. He suffers a lot from allergies in the summer and these seemed to have developed about 3 years ago and never went away. We cannot figure out what they are...seems like cartilage material...
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012