Bumps on knee, no pain, pain in finger over the left knee cap

In early March I was playing basketball and fell very hard with someone landing on me, with my knee caps taking all of the blow. Since I had some bruising and discoloration but now in mid April there is no pain and no bruising. But there is an odd bump or dip like feeling when I run my finger over the left knee cap where most of the pain and pressure occured. So I guess I want to know what that is I m feeling and what exactly I should do for the prpper healing to take place.
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012