Bumps on back of tongue, obstruction in throat. What could this be?

I have large bumps on the back of the tongue went to doctor yesterday they looked just with a light and did not see them. I can feel them with my finger and it feels like I have a hair ball or something in my throat .... I started having these symptoms about 2 weeks ago... the doctor did nothing about or didn t state anything about it... I was there for my normal woman routine check-up pap smear .... can you give me some input to what this could be and if I need to follow up further or is there a remedy I can do at home to clear this up?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013