Bumps on back of neck, swelling, itching. Reason?

Hi Doctor,
I have these hard pimple looking bumps on the back of my neck which swell up and itch, I poke them with a sewing needle to relieve them and the swelling goes down. At other times they swell up and I just pop them like a pimple, other times they feel like they have a hard gristle inside, had them for years, I am 50 years old. Do you have any ideas?

Randall

FORGET ABOUT IT, I AM NOT PAYING YOU FOOLS A DIME...................
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013
Hi bumps like lesions over the nape of neck with swelling and itching can be acne keliodis nuchae.it can be treated with clear gel in the morning and aloederm and retinioc acid in the night can cure the condition.use of minocycline 100 mg od daily once can cure thr condition