Bumps and rashes on buttocks, itching, had protected sex who had genital herpes. Difference between heat rash and herpes?

How can you tell the difference between a heat rash and herpes? I read both have bumps and/or rashes. I have both in a certain area on my buttocks and it itches (mostly right when I m ready to sleep at night). I had protected sex with someone who had genital herpes(they had no outbreak around the vaginal region and they are on medicine to control outbreaks) but I don t believe the infected area touched my buttocks.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Apr 2012