Bumps above tooth, hurts to touch, getting bigger. What this could be? Is it dangerous?

I have a large bump above my tooth .. which is above my root canal I had gotten done about a couple years ago. Hurts to touch or put blush on. It s the upper left. It s getting bigger and I am seeing the dentist tomorrow.. Just wondering what this could be? Anything dangerous? Could this affect my heart etc? Would I have to get a another root canal on the same tooth? I was supposed to get gum tissue surgery on the very back left tooth on the bottom before getting a crown on it.. the temp crown came off so now I have nothing there for protection where I need surgery.. it does not hurt or have a bump near it.. but now I have this happening and I m kinda glad I didn t get the one in the lower back fixed.. Because there goes the money. Would it be wise to just get a temp crown back on the one in the very back and focus on this existing infection until next year. (Depends on what they need to do in this new situation.. I hope it s not too costly with my insurance.. so I can focus on other a little on the other area)
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012