Bumped into sliding door. Pain in right arm, tingling in fingers, hot sensation in the arm, loss of concentration. Due to concussion?

Walked int a sliding glass door head first really hard was shocked couldn t even speak for half a minute. It turned my neck when it happened and a intense electric type pain shot fro my head to my right fingertips. My rigvht arm was in pain al the way down and was numb and felt needles the thing that freaked me out is my entire arm was hot to the point of being unbearable that lasted 10- 15 min. After this I hve hd trouble consentrating and lost small amounts of time. It happened 5-6 hrs ago fingers still tingle arm alittle shaky ? I hit real hard but don t know if its a concusson type thing? Can that happen from a window? Could it be something else?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
The tingling sensation you are experiencing in your arm will be due to trauma to the nerves that run through your neck down your arm. These will have been momentarily stretched when your neck was turned by the impact. This will have been enough to cause some trauma resulting in pain, electric shock sensations and numbness. This is not likely to be long-lasting.
The impact to your head may have caused a degree of concussion. If you are still losing concentration and losing track of time, then I suggest you visit the ER. Other signs that would be significant would be drowsiness, vision problems and vomiting. If you feel you are improving then rest as much as possible until you feel better.
Dr K A Pottinger,