Bump under the collar bone, given steroids. History of injured arm, joint inflamed. Is it a Lymph node?

I just saw a doctor a few days ago and about a bump underneath my collar bone. I injured my arm working out a NP 6 months prior told me a joint is inflamed. I went to my doctor I normally see for a sinus and ear infection and told him the lump still their. It on the left side under my collar bone . My concern is that he gave me a strong steroid for everything he said if its a floating rib it would have inflammation around the cite. I have been on the pack for four days noticed little shrinking. Also he said in a week if its not gone we may need to do a cat scan is this a lymph node that i should be worried about. Apologize for the punctuation in a hurry. Appreciate your time . Thank you, Shannon
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013