Bump under arm, ruptured twice, swelling, pus formation, blood. Ingrown hair?

I have a bump under my arm that has been there for weeks or a month or two after shaving and it has ruptured twice now. it always swell back. i thought it was a ingrown hair? the first rupture was pus like stuff? the second ruputre was blood , pus and seed like stuff??? was it infected at this point? what is this? im 31yrs old 5 11 female
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi dear you had a swelling under your armpit, and it ruptured during shaving with puss drainage ,and it has come again.dear there is nothing to worry ,your right it could be an infected hair follicle or an infected lymph node ,or any other swelling which had got infected,the problem is you have not treated it completely, if there is still puss in it ,get it drained, it is not a big issue and take a course of antibiotic ,like leofloxcin,and even if there is n.o puss in it ,even then take course of antibiotic to eradicate the underlined infection ,which trouble you again and again.