Bump on vagina, drying up, prevents penetration, cramping. What is it?

There was a lump or bulge that prevented my husband from penetration the other night, and it caused me to dry up. I have continued to be dry or at leasy drier than normal for two days now, and there is itching. I looked tonight and there is a round ball near the opening of my vagina , near my perineum . I am also experiencing some cramping. I am very freaked out, and will be calling my OB GYN first thing in the morning, but I want to hear what it could possibly be (long term relationship we ve been tested and are faithful so highly doubtful it s STD ).
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013