Bump on toe behind root of the nail, growing in size, slight redness. Causes?

i have an unusual bump on my toe right behind the root of my nail it is very unusual and gives me no symptoms it doesn t hurt and its not sensitive to touch i have had it for a few months, it hasn t been growing since, but recently (week ago) my nail fell off and it just slightly grew and turned a bit red, i think it might something to do with the nail but I m not sure online symptom sites haven t helped me at all, i really need help and am getting a bit worried
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013