Bump on the tongue that has turned sore after picking. What could it be?

What do you suggest i do. Three days ago i had a bump that rise on my tongue . It was painful and located on my foliate papilla. I pick at it and now it a sore on my tongue. Its soooo painful, i cant eat nor can i speak. And i no for sure its not a transmitted sexual dieseas cause all i do with my mouth is eat and kiss. So do you think i should let it heal on its own or should i visit to emegency room... Cause its real painful
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013