Bump on the tongue, hurts every time

Hi, I need to find out what wrong with my tongue , I have a red bump on the far, back, side of my tongue that hurts every time I talk or rub it against my teeth . I looked at from a mirror and light and it seems to be a red bump with a slight hint of yellow, can you please help my find out what it is?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Dentist 's  Response
Hello,the type of bump which you are mentioning it looks like that you have an ulcer on the back of your tongue but you have not mentioned about the history i mean that since how long you are seeing this ulcer, did you got any cut from your teeth in that area or do you have any habit of smoking or taking tobacco. If there is nothing like that it can be an aphthous ulcer which will heal within 1 week you just apply a topical ointment named mucopain, but if there is a positive history of trauma you need to get the tooth which is causing trauma removed. in this case you need to visit a dentist nearby, get the treatment done and report to me back.