Bump on the testicle, pain seems to have faded over time, no change in bump. What could it be?

HI Doc, I am a 24 year old male thanks for taking the time to read my situation. About three days ago, I noticed a small tiny hard bump on my left testicle , not on the scrotum but on the testicle. I could feel it by rubbing the scrotum, it was placed on the top of the testicle. there was only pain associated with it when I touched it or squeezed it however today I have been touching it and the pain has somehow faded, there still is a bit pain but not as much as when I first discovered it. I believe the bump is the same size. I have been going crazy over this and I have an appointment with my doctor on Thursday, however this is really costing me sleep as it bothers me. Please give me your opinion on this, thanks Saleem
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013