Bump on the temple after an accident. Pressure in the head. Diagnosed with pneumonia. Advice?

I was in a car wreck. We slid off the road into a bar ditch and my head busted the windshield. I didn't notice any injury at the time but yesterday I noticed a little hard bump right above my right temple. I have also been sick for 3 weeks with flue like symptoms so I went into the doctors office today. I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. I asked the doctor about the lump and told him what happened. He felt the lump and said it was a blood lump under the skin. He said that it would go away in a month or two and told me it was nothing to worry about. He left it at that but I am still worried and wonder if I should get it further examined. The lump is a little bigger then a B B and about as hard. My question is, is this common and what is the medical term for this condition. Do I have anything to worry about? My head has pressure and my right temple hurts or am I just being a worry wart.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013