Bump on the penis after unprotected intercourse. Bacterial infection or herpes? Suggestions?

I have a small bump on the shaft of my penis . It has scabbed up. I have had it occur before but rarely, and I think it may be from rough masturbation. It doesn t really hurt but when irritated by touching. It happened again about 5 days ago, on a Thursday or Friday. On Sunday morning, I had unprotected intercourse with somebody I have been seeing for about 6 months, and she is the only person I have had sex with in a time period longer than that. On the morning in question, we had anal and vaginal, and unfortunately, did not clean in between. She calls me today and says she has bumps on or around her vagina and anus . Now I m not sure if my bump has anything to do with this, after some research I m thinking it is because of the unprotected anal and vaginal sex and that it is probably a bacterial infection . I haven t had any symptoms of an infection. We re worried it may be herpes , and it s scary, but I m not that sure because I have never had any symptoms of it before but the single bump I mentioned before. She s getting tested and on some medication now and I will soon as well, but I d like an opinion just for peace of mind. I would appreciate the advice/help/response.
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012