Bump on the inner thigh that started with redness and rough surface and turned itchy, white, dry and scaly. What could it be?

Hi, about 2 weeks ago I noticed a bump on my inner left thigh. It didn t hurt or itch at that point but it was very red with a rough surface. It s about the size of a quarter. Last week, I noticed that it started to look like it was turning white almost like dry skin , and a day later it started to look almost scaly but not quite. It also started to get slightly itchy. It still looks like that, perhaps slightly less red, and the white part of it is around the outside of the bump. It has not grown larger or gotten smaller, but I also do not touch it or itch it at all. I have an appt with my dermatologist this week, but what do you think it could be? I m worried about the possibilities
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012