Bump on the belly, feeling of something in the belly on twisting or bending, diagnosed to be fat, hernia ruled out. Suggestions?

I have a big lump type of thing in my belly. I saw a GP, and a Gastroenterologist and they both said that it was fat! I had Cushings and gained almost 200 lbs as a result. I ve lost 84 lbs since the surgery and continue to lose. They both say it s some sort of fat that is hard and deep in the belly. However, I never noticed this fat until I moved a very heavy box one day. I felt my whole body, including belly straining when I carried the box, and it was about 4 days later that I noticed I had this hard lump (big) in my belly by my belly button. I had a very upset stomach and was rubbing the belly and noticed the lump! The Gastro said that I didn t notice the hard fat until this time because I had was too fat to feel it before, but I m suspicious about that! For one, my weight loss has been very slow, so it s not like I suddenly lost 84 lbs! The other thing is that I can feel something in my belly if I bend over, or reach and twist, or move in certain ways. I don t remember feeling anything in there prior to noticing the lump. Should I see another doc, or does this sound legit. My Gastro had me cough while he poked a bit, and he said it wasn t a hernia .
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012