Bump on penis, grew bigger, popped squirted pus, turned black from purple. What could this be?

Hello, about a month ago i had this lump on my penis(not around the tip) what it appeared to be was just the same skin colour but just a bump, about last week i noticed it grew bigger, and as the days passed by it grew. What happened was it took the form of a mega zit(it went from white and with a red ring around it, soon turned purplish white. Two days ago i realized it had become a problem since it was starting to hurt. Being the weekend i couldnt go to a clinic so i decided to wait it out. However, on Saturday it popped by itself im guessing because it got too big. Seeing theres my chance to get it over with, i squirted out all that was in it. after it still looks like a lump but the color of it turned black. Now its monday and the thing continues to get smaller. but remains black. Can you help and try to give me an insight of what it is? its been worrying me lately thinking it might not just be a zit.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have staphylococcal infection of hair follicle (Boil) on shaft of the penis which got burst and now you have discharging wound on penis.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

Take the swab of the discharge from the wound and send it for culture and sensitivity to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotic as per culture report .

Ensure to clean your genitals with antimicrobial solution like Betadine twice daily .

It should get healed up within a week.