Bump on lip, white, bleeding. Taken salt water. What should I do next?

I have a 4 year old son who has a bump on the inside of his lip for almost a month now. I m nervous on what it is, it was small and white at first. I then poked it with a needle the first week but it just bled and then healed. I had him also swish with salt water daily, but it s not going away. Today it s red at the base but looks slightly bigger. Not sure what to do.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
hi. UR child must be suffering from mucuos retention cyst. It is a recurrent condition. it comes and goes. for permanenet treatment u hv to remove it surgically so thst it does not recur. no medical reatment will help.