Bump on left knee, soft, painless, filled with fluid. History of strokes. Treatment?

ok I had a stroke in 2009 march, so I guess you could say Im stroke ridden, last night I was washing dishes when I accidentally dropped a spoon under the sink, so to get it I got on my knees and this morning I had a bump on my left knee and its soft, painless, and it looks as if it retains liquid, do you think it ll go down in time or could it be more serious than that
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that you are having bursitis. It is collection of fluid inside bursal cavity.I want to advice you following.
1. Hot water fomentation
2.Tablet Brufen
3. Needle aspiration of fluid inside swelling
4.Steroid injection