Bump on labia minora, applied cortisone, history of HSV. Any ideas?

Two nights ago, I woke up to use the bathroom and noticed a small bump on my left labia majora that was not there when I showered that morning. It was itchy and the bump seems to be similar to a mosquito bite. I thought I might have a spider or bug bite . It was still there yesterday, but now it was two bumps about a quarter inch apart. Still itchy, but now painful. I applied some cortisone cream, thinking it could be a rash of some kind. I awoke this morning to find them still there, not so itchy but still painful, plus my left lymph node is swollen and tender. I was diagnosed with HSV in 93 and have had about 10-12 outbreaks in 19 years, with the majority of them being in the past 5 years. This is completely unlike my outbreaks, no tingling, no lesion-like sores, etc. Also, both my daughters just experienced strange rashes . My 14 yr old had large, itchy bumps on her elbow that we ve been treating with OTC cortisone, which seems to be working. My 10 yr old had hives/rash all over her body about a week later, which the dr had us treat with Benadryl and lotion...lasted 2 days. Not sure if it is at all connected, but strange for all of us to have skin things in a two week period. So, I will for sure contact my OB, but today being Sunday, I know I won t get in till Wed or Thur. Did some online reading and am seeing things like MRSA , vulvar cancer ...freaking myself out, really. Any ideas on what this could be?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  123 Awaiting Answer