Bump on knee cap that hurt, have Osgood Schlatter. Will It grow out of it?

I have a bump below my knee cap, but you can t feel the separation between the bump and the knee cap. It s extremely evident when I bend my knee, it almost looks like I have a second knee. It s been there my entire life, I ve had x-rays and no one knows what it is. It s also in my left knee but you can t tell. I have extreme pain in both knees when kept in the same position for too long or if I accidentally injure one of the two knee caps. The pain can be anywhere form mild to excruciating so from a 2 to a 15 on a scale of 1-10. Sometimes my entire leg will become numb from pain. My doctor mentioned Osgood Schlatter, but I am now 22 and he diagnosed me when I was 17, Osgood Schlatter is supposed to disappear after about a year, you re supposed to grow out of it. There is something wrong with my knees, but no one knows what.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013