Bump on joint of finger, swelling, tried icing it. What else can help?

My right ring finger has a swollen bump on it on the final joint in the's painful on the bump(which is a little smaller than a dime) but not on the other side of the joint. It started Sunday and has slowly gotten bigger... I can't fully bend it the full way as I can my other finger because the finger itself is swollen as well... Wondering what it could be...I've tried icing it and it goes down a little but comes right back....
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
hi.. thanks for posting to healthcaremagic..
you are having pain and swelling of the nailbed.. could be paronochia..
see your surgeon for antibiotics and analgesics.. Incision and drainage may be rarely needed.. all the best..