Bump on head from fall, lethargic, frequent urination, severe arthritis in knees. Taking thyroid medication. Advise?

Hello Dr. Mintz - my mother-in-law fell in the church bathroom and hit her head eight days ago. The floor is tile and she had a large bump. She is extremely stubborn and wouldn't allow my brother in law to take her to a medical facility. Unfortunately my husband and I had to go out of town due to a death in my family so when we returned a week later we visited her. Three days before her fall she had been to the doctor and had her thyroid medication increased. When we visited her yesterday, she was very lethargic and was barely mobile, and she had to urinate frequently.. She has severe arthritis in her knees and hips, and is obese. I have just gotten off the phone with my brother in law after asking him in the strongest terms to get her to the doctor to check her out and to take bloodwork to determine if her higher dose of Synthroid may be causing the lethargy or whether it could be as a result of the fall. Any thoughts you would have would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013