Bump on head. Side effects in a child? Will he be fine?

Hi! last night I was giving him a bath in the tub and when he step inside of the tub he slept and hit his head on the floor. He cried for 10mins and he had a bump on his back of his head. And after that he said his ok. My question is there a side effect for him his 3yrs old already? And one more thing he doesnt have sentence yet like he just says a couple of words 15 words but no sentence yet and we went to his doctor and he said everything is ok, he said just wait.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
hi ,just watch for any bleeding from ears or nose,watch for any vomiting and just awake him every 2 hourly for 24 hours if OK then nothing to worries.the bump will subside by it self.thanks have a nice day.