Bump on buttock, stings on touching, bleeding, pus discharge. Treatment?

I have a bump on the surface of the inside of my left buttock. It s not really noticeable as a lump, but it s firm to the touch and stings a bit when touched. It s low on the cheek, and the other day when I was wiping, a lot of bright red blood came off on the tissue paper. Sometimes the blood seemed kind of thick and puss-like, and sometimes it was just pure blood. Once I was done wiping, it seemed to stop bleeding . I can still feel it sting a little when I walk, though.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012

Hello Nelson,

As per your description it looks like you have developed an abscess. And it might be an open abscess as a result when you wipe u have discharge. there is an infection and as a result pus produced. I suggest you stop wiping it as it might cause more irritation of skin and cause pain. you apply hot fomentation at the local area which helps relieve pain and also helps abscess heal faster. Try cleaning the area with disinfection solution. And use antibiotics after consulting your physician, Your problem should solve in 5-7 days.

Thank you
Dr. shailaja