Bump on big toe left foot, with pus and swelling, have diabetes. Solution?

Diabetic - Big toe left foot had bump start about a year ago and saw my doctor, he wasn t sure what it was. Kept getting bigger and I lanced it with my finger lancet (I know, should not do and was eventually scolded by my doctor) Anyway, a clear pus kept coming out but my toe felt better and sweling went down. I did this a couple of times over 2-3 month period and then it went away. Last week started again.... large toe getting swollen and includes joint between foot and toe. I can still bend my toe but compared to right foot, is noticeably larger.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013