Bump on back of head, several spots on scalp leaking puss, blood. Infection? Medical care required?

My son is 12 and recently noticed a bump on the back of his head the size of a quarter. It pertruded off of his head about a 1/4 of an inch. This morning he had several spots on his scalp that were leaking puss and blood . Not large amounts but they smelled of infection and are about the size of a dime. They are not causing him pain and there is no noticable sore. It is like a skinned knee when you wreck your bike...shaved off the skin and blood coming out through the pores. Shoul I take him to the ER?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013