Bump on 4 year old kid's face, infection medicine did not help

My son has a bump on the side of his face for two months now. It doesn t come to a head and turn white. It looks a little purple, anyways if it has pressure put on the bump it feels like it pops inside of the skin . It hurts him to the point that it is hard for him to wear his glasses. His doctor gave him infection medicing but that did not help.
Asked On : Thu, 12 May 2011
There are two possibilities,
1,there is small boil and pus is formed and due to antibiotic pus is localized and formed localized bump, it will dissolve gradually.
2,there may be a cyst which will remain there permanently
consult your doctor for further evaluation..