Bump near the tonsils after having tonsillitis. Mucous cyst? Family history of cancer

Hello, a few months ago I had a bad case of tonsillitis . I recovered without any antibiotics . However around that time I noticed a small bump close to my right tonsil. It is flesh-coloured and not painful, but certainly feels bothersome. I had some dental work done in the past few weeks, and the dentists said the growth was a mucous cyst , nothing to be worried about, and that it would go away on its own. It s now been a few months and it hasn t gone away nor grown any bigger. I am an occasional smoker and drinker, but by no means a heavy user. I am a 23 year old male with no family history of cancer . Please let me know if what I ve got warrants any further attention.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013