Bump near rib cage area, abdominal pain, taken medication. What could it be?

Hi, about a week back, i had a small irritating sensation close to the bottom of right rib area, when i was feeling the area i did kind of feel a small bump, i left it alone of course, but i was having terrible abdorminal pains for the last 2 days and visited the medic, who prescribed some medicines for gastritise, and recommended i come see him after a week.... i have taken 2 days worth of doses of the medicine and dont feel any better, and now i seem to feel small bumbs in my stomach , many of them to be precise on the middle / upper stomach area, close to the left side of the ribs and there is a stiff sensation and when i run my fingers on the bumps it hurts slightly, it is not visible but can feel it when pressing down.... what could it be, do i need to get new medication or should i contunie for 01week like the doc prescribed and then later consult.... pls for your advise as i am really paranoid about this and cant seem to concentrate on anything else
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012