Bump in the lower leg after bruised, extremely painful, unbearable to touch. Should it be investigated?

I fell of the landing strip zip lining two weeks ago. I scraped my shin and it swelled up quite significantly. I iced it and elevated it that evening. No bruising occurred. However, 4 days ago it began to bruise . It has bruised from lower foot to below my knee . The inside of my foot and ankle bone are slightly swollen but severely bruised. The bump is extremely painful and almost unbearable to touch. Is this just a bump? Or should I have it investigated?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012