Bump in the knee, sore, white around the site, warm to touch, no pus, only clear liquid when pressed. Advice?

Hi, About three days ago I had a very itchy knee , and I scratched at it because I figured it was just dry skin , and was itchy. The next morning I had to work and when I knelt down to clean something, there was a very sharp pain in my knee, right below the kneecap. I got home and saw a pimple-like bump, and popped it shortly afterward. After that it s continued to hurt, and now three days later after working all day on it, it s incredibly sore; almost to the point of me not being able to bend my knee. I thought it might be an ingrown hair that s become infected, but I really don t know. As of now, it looks almost like a spider bite; white around the site of where the hole is from me popping it, and slightly red around that, and a bit warm to the touch. It feels like it s swollen as well, as it s very painful to move. There s no pus coming from it though, only a clear fluid if I pressed on it too much. I d like to visit a doctor but I have no insurance so that is kind of the last option at the moment. Any insight would be appreciated.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012