Bump below the knee, tender to touch, no infection, swelling. What could this be?

I have a painless, 1 or so swelling on my lower leg half way between the ankle and knee . It is palpable and sore to the touch but otherwise unnoticable, tho the swellng can be seen as a slilght bump. Otherwise other than tenderness to the touch I would not have noticed it. Since there are no lymph nodes below the knee that seems to rule lymph infection out. There is no leg swelling and no discolorization of the skin, just this relatively small tumorous and isolated area a good 6-7 below the knee and same distance above the ankle all without any pain or discomfort while walking.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012