Bump behind right ear.

ok about a week ago i notied a small bump behind my right ear about the size of a tip of a pen. now a week later it is putruting more almost 1/2 inch and is about the size of a dime. i have been getting a stedy head ack onley on the right side of my head and the right size of my neck and shoulder are hurting very badly. i am conserned and i have called my docter they will not have a opening for anouther week so i called a few more and have the same issuse i am not sure what to do and it hurts.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. I would not suggest you to wait for another week to get to a doctor.  It could be a pus collection behing the ear or worse could be infection in the ear itself.  Since it is bump is increasing in size, better get to know what it is as early as possible...

thank you just got back from the docters i went up there and sat till they saw me. it was a swellen lymp node and she gave me antibiodics and antinflamitory and a pain med and to me give it till the antibodics are done and if it is not any better to came back for a reforal to a ENT  for a byopsie.