Bump and an abrasion on forehead due to falling, ibuprofen, nagging pain, nausea, concerns?

My husband tripped yesterday (7:00 pm) and hit his forehead on the edge of the counter. There was an immediate bump and an abrasion. We put ice on it and 600mg Ibuprofen didn t touch the pain. He wanted to take a nap , I let him, but woke him every 20 minutes. Napped from 8:00pm- 9:00pm. Other than nagging pain, he had no other symptoms the first day. Slept normal through the night. Awoke today with continued nagging pain. Ibuprofen helped a little. Complained about not being able to remember this morning. No difference in pupil size. After dinner tonight, complained of nausea , did vomit . bump on the head has gone down, and no discoloration was ever seen in the surrounding skin. Should we have this looked at at the ER?
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012