Bump above the temple, growing in size, irregular shape. What should be done?

My son is 8 and has a bump above his temple and when touched it gives the bounce that a vein gives. It has grown about 1cm in the last month. He is also non-verbal and autistic, but when I push on it he pushes my hand away, so I assume it is at least uncomfortable. It was round and pretty symetrical at first, now that it is growing it is becoming irregular and more asymetrical.Should I take him to see the neuro doc? Lab work for sed rate testing? MRI?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012