Bump above front tooth, round, red sore with white particles. Is it just canker sore or dental fistual?

I have a bump on my gum above my front tooth . It feels like a canker sore but looks bigger than normal...very round... Red around the sore and it has some white to it. It is sensitive to certain foods like a canker sore. I went to my dentist for a regular check up/cleaning.....he saw it.... Felt it... tapped my teeth near it and moved on. I would assume if there was something to worry about he would have brought it to my attention? Now I am worried sick it may be a dental Fistual or something more then just a canker sore. I worry about everything! Please help! Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012