Bulgy huge bruise after collision in a child. Applied ice late. Hurts when touched. Is it hematoma?

My 5 year old daughter collided with the head of another child and has a huge, bulgy bruise at the temple. My husband didn t apply ice when it happened but when I saw it after she got home, I made her apply ice for as long as she could stand (about 2 hours after it happened so too late I m sure). I think hematoma is the better description. It really hurts her if I touch it. Is there any need to worry?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012