Bulging vein from armpit to upper arm, redness, discomfort on pressing. Treatment?

I am a male of of age 65 years & exercise regularly to keep my joints flexible . Since last 5 days ,I feel that one of my veins from armpit to upper left arm has become prominent & I can feel it by touch & pressing .when I lift the arm. There is slight redness as well. Slight discomfort is also there when I press the area after lifting the arm above shoulder .What can be the cause. My E-Mail address is.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012
i thing u should just get a vein colour doppler to find out exact diagnosis