Bulging blue veins on arms, burning feeling, taking bcp. Suggestions?

I would like to ask about my bulging blue veins on arms. They appeared about a year ago and I think they are becoming more and more visible. They expire when my arms are elevated: When they are bulging I often have a feeling of burning. Maybe I lost a little bit of weight but not a lot, I am taking birth control pills. I am very concerned about it and would like to ask if there anything that can help my veins to become less visible?
Thank you for your answer.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013