Bulging L4-5, abutting nerve, pain radiating from buttock to toes, bulging C6-7, have reaction to NSAIDs. Suggestions?

Hi Dr Christensen. Here is my status. Bulging L4/5/ abutting S1 nerve. These bulges are on the right side, however pain radiates from left buttock, down outside thigh, calf muscle , left ankle, edge of foot to two little toes the burning pain on the balls of the front foot. This pain has increased over the last month. I have had it for 3 years. I also have a bulging C 6/7 with constant pain radiating down left arm to little finger , this has also been getting worse. These were from surfing accidents. I have not been able to go surfing for 3 years. I am also a yoga teacher and can only perform minimal stretching exercises. I have had cortisone injections into T1-C6/7 with horrible reactions. Hives , rashes , swollen lips and a bright red face for two weeks. I now know I have a reaction to NSAIDs. Current meds, Gabbapentin 300x 3 a day- Tramadol 2x50mg 4x day and 6mg of diazapam at night. I need some sort of breakthrough medication as I do not get much sleep and am feeling really down being in pain all the time, could you please give me any suggestions. I have been pro active with physio pilates and accupunture for 3 years. I get to a level where I have real hope that I am finally getting better, then Zap! all my hard work and hope gone and pain worse than before. I have seen a spinal surgeon and he said he did not want to operate on my back or neck. I have had 2x MRI scans with the above results. I am 55 years old and so much want to get better! please help- David
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013