Bug bite with hole in the center causing tingling and itching, worsens with shower. What could it be?

I woke a few weeks ago with what looked like a bug bite on the sole of my foot . It was itchy and looked like it had a hole in the middle. Since then my skin has been tingling and itchy, pretty much all day every day in random spots, but no rash . In the interim, every time I take a shower now the sensation gets worse. Upon exiting the shower I end up with a rash up and down my arms (Especially the inner arm area) that appears like little tiny pin prick size red dots that itch, but when I dry off and apply Benadryl anti itch gel they eventually subside, With every shower I take it seems to be increasing in intensity. I feel like I am going crazy, what can this be?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013