Bug bite on arm, red itchy, clear liquid oozing out, infected, drained pus. Is this staph, MSRA, can it be treated at home?

So I have what I thought was a bug bite on my arm . It started off just red itchy, the next day it seemed worse and I thought it might have been a zit so I tried to pop it but it was just a clear liquid and no relief of pressure. I cleaned it and decided to leave it bandaged for a few days. I just took off the bandage, the sore has gotten infected. I drained the pus and now its just a mix of blood and a clear liquid draining from it again. I have it unbandaged right now because clear stuff is still seaping out. what s left looks like a hole in my arm. Is it staph? Mrsa? can I treat this at home?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012
Hi

You seem to have developed an infective lesion after the insect bite.
You need to keep the infected area clean and dry.
Use a topical antiseptic lotion for cleaning it.
You can also use lukewarm saline water for the same.
Apply a topical antibiotic cream over the area twice a day.
You might need a course of oral antibiotics if topical local treatment alone does not suffice.

Dr Geetika Paul

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.