Bruising, swelling after bitten by an insect, inhibits hand and wrist mobility, took medicines, swelling gone. Should I see a doctor for the bruise?

Got stung by an unknown insect while hiking. Im mobilized my hand with intense pain for about 10 minutes. Saw a small puncture wound which drew blood. Severe swelling in the next half hour. I went to the doctor when pain started shooting up my arm and neck. He did nothing for me. My hand felt like it was infected so i started taking generic amoxicilin and using epsom salt, bentonite clay, lavender and other medicinal plants as well as energy healing and light massage. Swelling has gone down completely aftera week. But now i have a huge hard bruised lump that inhibits my hand and wrist mobility and i just want to know if this is normal for or if i should go to the doctor again and risk not getting help.thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012