Bruising on right thigh with large swollen area on right thigh between knee and hip. How long will swelling last ?

i rolled my riding lawn mower over the bank and into a small creek near my home about 12 days ago and suffered serious bruising on my right thigh including a very large swollen area about the size of a large grapefruit on my right thigh between my knee and hip. How long can I expect for the swelling to last or should I see a doctor. Other than the bruise pain, it is not painful to walk.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012